The biggest difference is that Lumigenix has either hit the deadpool or is very close:
- Website has not been updated in ages
- Last blog update is July 2011 and the blog looks abandoned
- Facebook page has no posts ever, 73 likes
- Twitter account has 5 posts in 2012, last on March 13...
The bare-bones first version of the API only allows access to a list of specific genome locations (identified by rsids), and each one of those must be scoped separately when requesting the OAuth token, therefore the developer needs to identify all the SNPs they want to get access to before requesting user authorization. There is no explicit limit stated f... (more)
- Carrier status for mutations that cause about 50 different diseases and conditions, including Cystic Fibrosis, Sickle Cell Anemia, Tay-Sachs, and more: https://www.23andme.com/health/c...
Actionability: You might take your carrier status into account if you are planning to have children.